Friday, August 7, 2009

Fred


It has been a while, and the healthcare debate rages on..... I am glad to see so many "average Americans" (if there is such a thing) getting involved, demanding more choice and less government reliance.... I have been preaching self reliance since I can remember. My children are all taught to hunt, fish, play sports, swim, even change a flat tire on the car. It is essential that all our citizens become more actively involved in our government, or it will overrun us. Even though these times are perilous, there is much hope that the "average" person will prevail.

To that end, I have decided to take a positive approach to my situation, I bought an old truck! It turns out I got lucky, my neighbor is moving out of town for a new job (there is hope again) and he needed to get it off his property. What I wound up with is an ambitious project, but my kids want to help me! The title said 1950 Ford, but I did research (love the Internet!) and it turns out I have an all original, numbers matching 1940 Ford one ton (tonner) pickup, aptly named "Fred". Only 2850 were ever made, I even have the seats, engine, all windows, and the original gauges! It needs alot of tlc, but there has to be a story behind it. The old title says Harris County Sheriff dept, so it was probably in storage for years with a mislabeled title.

My mornings are filled with job search activities and afternoons with becoming a cracker jack body man, welding, grinding, sanding, etc. It is a hobby which will keep you in shape for sure! I will post a few pics for those who are car nuts. L8tr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments positive and constructive, pragmatism and results documentation are appreciated,thanks!