Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Generation ZERO

I watched Shawn Hannity last night, the CPAC showed the movie "Generation ZERO", very powerful, poignant, and frightening. This film is an Economic Tsunami! A must see lesson for all.

I have long been concerned with the Baby Boomer Generation, which I lovingly call the "Italian Opera Generation", because all I hear is "Me, me, me!" when they talk, and their impact upon America. It was a direct, contrasting reflection of their parents' generation, which suffered hardships, wars, depressions, sacrifice and strife.

This film traces the roots of our recent economic depression far back to societal and cultural issues as a result of WW2. These Americans who sacrificed so much for our country wanted to insulate their children from the horrors they lived through. The end result is that this loving, caring and well meaning demographic has raised a generation of self-indulgent, spoiled children. They have no concept of sacrifice for the greater good, leaving the world a better place for the next generation. These people are now our leaders, Wall st execs taking undeserved bonuses, politicians who pretend there is no solvency problem with Social Security or Medicare, etc.

We are in danger of the consequences of the generation that was partaking in unique substances at Woodstock and thinks only for themselves. The party will never end, no worries!

Well, I have children, and I am deeply worried about this selfish behavior. I guess if I really wanted to , I could drive a BMW, but I bought a Ford instead, paid cash and am saving for my kids' 529 plan instead. I do not expect the feds or my neighbors to pay for my childrens' college fund, or my mortgage, etc.

You need to sit down with your children and show them this movie. It will be painful, probably more for you than your kids, but we all need to face the music.

(The moral of this story should be that we cannot, no matter how well our intentions, protect and insulate our children from life's ups and downs, it is better to educate them on how to deal with difficulties so that they are prepared when bad things happen. In my next blog, I will share a speech I gave about 15 years ago on the Will to Lead).

http://www.thefoxnation.com/tea-party-convention/2010/02/08/generation-zero-blows-roof-tea-party-convention


This film rocked me back.... it is about as serious as it gets.

Glenn Beck was the closing speaker at the CPAC convention and he was his usual self - he said "It is still morning in America - but the morning after we had a big night of drinking, and we woke up with a hangover!" We have to make some tough, fundamental choices and all the easy decisions are behind us. Only the tough, hard choices remain.

Well, my mood is "cautiously optimistic" about our country. The Tea Party is the only movement that can, and I believe will, succeed in saving America and returning our country to prosperity. I have never been a conspiracy or doom and gloom fan of anything, but I believe in this most strongly - we have to pick and choose very carefully who we elect this year. The Tea Party members are mature enough and have demonstrated that they know they don't want empty promises or slogans, just someone with courage who tells the truth. If these new leaders do not have a superior degree of integrity and wisdom, our country will truly fall into a depression. However, I am betting that a majority of politicians will be fired and new ones will work to the betterment of all with a new sense of maturity and duty. I will do my part, please do yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments positive and constructive, pragmatism and results documentation are appreciated,thanks!